Certificate II in Retail
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring basic retail operational knowledge and limited practical skills in a defined context.
Work would be undertaken in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail fast food outlets.
Individuals may work with some autonomy or in a team but usually under close supervision
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- Providing product and service advice in a retail store
- Selling products and services in variety of retail settings
- Operating a checkout area
- Preparing and selling fast food items
- Store rotate and replenish food stock
- Checking stock and replenishing retail shelves
- Organising and maintaining work areas and displays.